1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to stop Web Registration?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jcdf, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jcdf

jcdf Thread Starter

I have a problem with Hewlett-Packard web registration software. The registration software was installed with the drivers and software for a scanner.
    Every time I use my computer the HP Product Registration window appears, asking me if I want to Register or Cancel. I do not want to Register the product so I click Cancel. Then appears a Registration Reminder window with check boxes displaying:
    It does not matter which one I choose, the same Web Registration will appear next time I use my computer. Is there a way to stop this Web Registration software activating in Windows Vista?

2. Megabite

Megabite

See if you can see it in the startup list and uncheck it

Selective Startup

• You can go Start>>Run type msconfig click OK
    • In the new window click the Startup tab
    • Find it in the list and uncheck it
    • It my restart the PC
    • On startup you should receive a message
    • You have chosen Selective startup
    • Click the box don't show me again and click yes/OK

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Do what Megabite advised and see if the HP registration entry is in the "Startup" tab.

Also, look in the Add/Remove Programs list and see if HP registration(or something similar to that) is listed. If it is, uninstall it.

HP printers and scanners tend to install a lot of extra garbage if you allow the default install option to be used. Start using the custom option so you can selective what you want installed and what you don't want installed.

------------------------------------------------------------------

4. jcdf

jcdf Thread Starter

The HP Web Registration software is not displayed in the 'Startup tab' Megabite.

'Add/Remove Programs' (or 'Programs and Features' as it is now called in Vista) is the first place I went. The HP Web Registration software is not displayed in the list flavallee.

I could just manually delete the HP Web Registration software executable. I would rather not do this because I have found that Vista can be easily upset by this. If I wanted to reinstall the software later it would not allow me unless I cleared out the registry first.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/800682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice