1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How To Switch Drive D From Fat 32 To Ntfs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by [email protected], Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BILLYHORTON@

[email protected] Thread Starter

HOW DO I CONVERT DRIVE D FROM FAT 32 TO THE NEW NTFS FILE? I WENT TO THE COMMAND PROMPT IN WINDOWS X P AND TYPED IN CONVERT C: /FS:NTFS. AND WHEN I DID IT ASKED ME FOR THE VOLUME OF DISC D. HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHAT THE VOLUME IS FOR D ON MY COMPUTER? BILLY [email protected].

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

The volume is the name of the drive as it shows up in My Computer . . usually is blank.

If there is no data on the drive that you want to keep . . . go to Disk Management . . right click on the drive and select format . . it should then give you a choice of fat or ntfs.

wrs

3. mike5532g

mike5532g

To convert a volume to NTFS from the command prompt
    Open Command Prompt.
    In the command prompt window, type
    convert drive_letter: /fs:ntfs

For example, typing convert D: /fs:ntfs would format drive D: with the ntfs format.

4. BILLYHORTON@

[email protected] Thread Starter

I Wish To Thank The Two Guys Who Helped Me Convert My Fat 32 Files Over To Ntfs File. Thank-you Very Much This Site Is Wonderful! If I Ever Need Help Again I Will Come Back. I Passed It On To One Of My True Friends.

5. mike5532g

mike5532g

6. Old Rich

Old Rich

second that

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274808

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice