1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to switch the comp from reading your AGP slot to PCI slot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jimboson, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jimboson

Jimboson Thread Starter

ok the lady I got this comp from says the comp the video card its reading now is not as good as the one in the PCI slot so Im wondering how do I make it so it reads the PCI slot

The AGP vid card though comes out with a Adaptor to make it so you can plug in moniters

Anyway Should I leave my moniter plug in the AGP slot video card or put it where no video card is but goes right into the computer

and no there is no plug that goes into the PCI slot

I hope this is understanable

thanks

2. gdi1942

gdi1942

That's known as integrated graphics, now do you have a PCI video card and an APG video card or an Integrated video card and an AGP card?

Also what are they Radeon xxxx? or Nvidia xxxx? we need to know the model numbers to tell you which is the better on to use.

3. Jimboson

Jimboson Thread Starter

the PCI card is actualley surrounded by lots of metal
    I dont know what it is

the one in the AGP slot
    Nvidia Geforce FX5200

Im not sure though If I can replace the AGP because where it comes out a plug bigger than the moniter is bigger so the comp came with an adaptor for it so I put it in the adaptor

So Im not sure if I can take the AGP slot without damaging the computer

man I wish I could explain this

ok

1. Where the PCI slot is its covered in a metal covering so I assume I cant remove it

2.Where the AGP card is it comes with a slot for the moniter but im not sure if I can remove the card without damaging the computer

My question can i remove the AGP card along with the moniter looking plug thing thats attached to the video card without damaging the computer OR is it a intagrated video card?

Im pretty sure the PCI card (the one covered in metal) is the intagrated one

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If there's no place to connect a monitor to this thing that's supposedly in the PCI slot, there is no video card in there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594580

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice