How to switch the comp from reading your AGP slot to PCI slot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jimboson

ok the lady I got this comp from says the comp the video card its reading now is not as good as the one in the PCI slot so Im wondering how do I make it so it reads the PCI slot

The AGP vid card though comes out with a Adaptor to make it so you can plug in moniters

Anyway Should I leave my moniter plug in the AGP slot video card or put it where no video card is but goes right into the computer

and no there is no plug that goes into the PCI slot

I hope this is understanable

thanks

Jimboson said:
Anyway Should I leave my moniter plug in the AGP slot video card or put it where no video card is but goes right into the computer
That's known as integrated graphics, now do you have a PCI video card and an APG video card or an Integrated video card and an AGP card?

Also what are they Radeon xxxx? or Nvidia xxxx? we need to know the model numbers to tell you which is the better on to use.

Jimboson

the PCI card is actualley surrounded by lots of metal
I dont know what it is

the one in the AGP slot
Nvidia Geforce FX5200

Im not sure though If I can replace the AGP because where it comes out a plug bigger than the moniter is bigger so the comp came with an adaptor for it so I put it in the adaptor

So Im not sure if I can take the AGP slot without damaging the computer

man I wish I could explain this

ok

1. Where the PCI slot is its covered in a metal covering so I assume I cant remove it

2.Where the AGP card is it comes with a slot for the moniter but im not sure if I can remove the card without damaging the computer

My question can i remove the AGP card along with the moniter looking plug thing thats attached to the video card without damaging the computer OR is it a intagrated video card?

Im pretty sure the PCI card (the one covered in metal) is the intagrated one

DoubleHelix

Banned
If there's no place to connect a monitor to this thing that's supposedly in the PCI slot, there is no video card in there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts