1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to synchronize more then two combo boxes in access 2007

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Qureshisn, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qureshisn

Qureshisn Thread Starter

Hello there

I'm trying to develop a form in access 2007. It's a student grade system. There are at least 4 combo boxes on the main form. The instructor should be able to select the year group(combo box 1), that selection would then filter out the values in the 2nd combo box (say the 2nd combo box is the section of that particular year group Like 7C, 7G etc). The value selected in the 2nd combo box should then filter and select those students(3rd combo box) whose section id corresponds to the selected value in the 2nd combo box. Then the selected student id (3rd combo box) should filter out the registered subjects(4th combo box). Now, i've managed to sync the 1st and 2nd combo boxes. when the year group is selected, the corresponding section is filtered out after update. but i'm not able to sync the 2nd combo box (section) with the student combo box (3rd). if anyone can help me out please. i just can't mange to figure out where i'm going wrong :(. i've tried applying the same method via vba code, but then that messes up the sync b/w the 1st and 2nd. Please Help.

2. OBP

OBP

Qureshisn, you would have got a quicker response if you had posted this on the Business Software Forum.
    The simplest way is to refer to the first combo box in the second combo box's SQL Query using the format
    Forms![Formname]![Comboname]
    or if the first combo sets some kind of ID refer to that ID field instead of the first combo.

3. Qureshisn

Qureshisn Thread Starter

Oh dear, i'm sorry. i'll post the thread there as well, i just hope the mods don't consider it spamming. The first two combo boxes are synced alright. I'm getting the filtered values. What i can't manage to do is set the value of the 2nd combo box to filter out the values in the 3rd.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917511

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice