1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to tell if someones been in your email

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kjm, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjm

kjm Thread Starter

Hi, I'm wondering if someone can tell me if theres a place on my computer I can look to see the time of day that someone was accessing certain files. I suspect someone I know has gotten into my msn, and then into my hotmail account. I looked at the internet history and there are certain files accessed that I dont remember opening, and if I knew the time of day they were accessed, it would really help.
    Thanks for your help.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Unless you operate a forensic lab with appropriate tools and can gain access (with a search warrant) for ISP logs, I am of the opinion that the answer is basically no.

3. seekermeister

seekermeister

If that person is using your computer on a different login, and the account is webmail only, you could login to your computer under that other person's username and check their internet history. However, if your browser shows other users activity on your login, this would be of no use. If that person is using another computer to access your account, they would have to have your account login. The only solution that I can think of is to change your email accounts, and set your computer to where each person had to login to their own session. If the account is local on a client, then you could also encrypt all messages that you have. Otherwise, Kiwiguy seems to have covered it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487100

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice