1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to tell what Wireless Signal Tablet Uses?

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by BratDawg, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BratDawg

BratDawg Thread Starter

First Name:
    Carla
    I have an Asus TF101 Tranformer android tablet. How do I tell what wireless signal it uses? In the settings, About tablet, it just shows that the wi-fi version is V6.1.1.24 and the Android version is 4.0.3 - not very helpful.

There's a wireless router outside my office in the ceiling. My IT person says it's working, but I am not finding it. He asked what signal - a/b/g/n?

Suggestions?

Thanks

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Here, if that is your tablet, it says "Wireless 802.11bgn."

Is your Wi-Fi (don't know which terminology is used) enabled, turned on, or "Airplane Mode" off?

3. BratDawg

BratDawg Thread Starter

First Name:
    Carla
    My airplane mode is unchecked. That looks like my tablet.

Someone told me the IT guy was down here yesterday with a tablet - probably an ipad - proving that wifi worked. sigh

All I'm seeing is an HP thing and that's probably a printer. Nothing happens when I try to connect to it. I don't remember what brand the router is but it's not HP - I saw it when I had a different guy rooting around the ceiling tiles to look to see if it was connected. It is.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    See if you can detect another Wi-Fi network--McDonald's, library, neighbor's, etc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089651

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice