How to transfer data from broken screen on android to pc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

matlosjkj

Hey I want to ask you all for a little (for me big) help...
My phones screen stopped work and I wanted to transfer my data to my PC, but when I plugged my phone to a PC with cable, my phone did connect but it says that "theres no files in my phone, so I dont know what to do. Does anybody knows how can I get my data?

Connect mouse with otg to your phone then take online backup on Google drive or any other cloud storage

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hello, matlosjkj, and welcome to TSG.

It is possible that your phone may need a phone specific driver installed on the computer in order to access the contents. It is also possible that a security feature needs to be enabled on the phone in order to access files on it.

You should check the phone manufacturer's website or your service provider's website to see if they have support documentation for your phone with information on connecting to a computer ad accessing files on the phone.

Since you did not mention the brand and exact model number of the phone, I don't think anyone here can offer any specific solution.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If your files are saved on an SD card, you can remove it and put it in a USB adapter.

plodr

Liz
When I plug in my phone to any of our PCs, I get a popup that asks if I want to allow or deny access to data. If your screen is broken, you don't see the popup and therefore can not tap allow. That's why the PC does not see any of the phone's files.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online