1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to transfer vcr to cd-dvd

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by bellaroxio, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bellaroxio

bellaroxio Thread Starter

Hope you experts would help.

I have home movies on VCR Tapes. I have laptop which has dvd/rom compact disc.

How can I transfer the movies onto the diskette so I can watch it on the road?

Thanks for your help.

Bellaroxio

2. dai

dai

i think you need a capture device

3. bellaroxio

bellaroxio Thread Starter

what is a "capture device?" Sorry for such a stupid ?

4. dai

dai

either a video card that has an annolouge input or an external capture box with capture software they are not cheap or i believe that easy to use.
    someone who is more knowledgable will post when they come online

5. statetrav

statetrav

To transfer from vcr to your hard drive you need a video capture card. Since you have a laptop, probably need to get one that connects thru the USB port. You will need software program to capture and render the video, than burn to DVD.
    I use Pinnacle Studio, and a PCI device. Have made several DVDs and they turned out very nice. Not hard to do, just takes a bit to get used to the software.
    There are also programs which can capture and place on CD in VCD format, but your DVD player has to be able to play this format to work.

6. Mulderator

Mulderator

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273908

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice