How to turn off 5GHz WiFi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SannieSunshine

Hey everyone,

We have new Internet thru Fidelity and they gave us an ARRIS Modem.
It comes with 2.4 and 5GHz WiFi. However we use our own (WiFi, connected thru RG45) because the built in doesn't work very well. My question is how can I turn the radio signal off all together if at all possible.
I can only DISABLE the signal which only means noone can access it, but the signal keep being send out.
There is not option, that I saw, that lets you off the Wifi all together or at least the 5Ghz radio signal.

Does anyone have any insight if I can do this and if so, how?? I been searching the menu up and down like Holmes and Watson!

Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge!!

If you have disabled the signal, how do you know that it keeps sending out signals ?

SannieSunshine

@lunarlender
The signal is still getting sent out because it is still showing up in available networks. The only difference is that the light on the modem is off and since it is disabled you can't access it.
I know makes no sense that's why it's driving me crazy!

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Simple solution, ask them to exchange it for a wired Arris modem. TG series if you have VoIP Phone through them or the SB series if you don't.

As to showing up in the list, you haven't specified what OS or device you are seeing it. It's most likely being remembered by your device so simply having the device to forget the network should take care of that.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Try to connect to the wireless, if you can't then it's not active.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Staff online

Members online