Solved How to turn off Windows Defender Antivirus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alex Ethridge

Using Windows 10 Professional with all the latest updates.

Windows Defender is falsely identifying and deleting some of the troubleshooting programs that I use. Using the "Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off" link has no effect so there must be some distinction between firewall and antivirus that does not show in the controls.

How do I temporarily disable Windows Defender?

Alex Ethridge

Triple6

Rob
Some people feel differently, I personally like some of the new changes and prefer some of the old ways. It's all a matter of personal preference and opinion.

Alex Ethridge

People who like Windows 10's user interface over Windows 7 are just bad, bad people. :D

Triple6

Rob
Or just reasonable people who understand and accept change.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts