How to turn off wireless detection ditty?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

posterx

I am using a wirless usb doggle to conenct to a wireless router downstairs. What happens is that when I use programs that equire a constant connection every few minutes it'll interrupt my connection.

I recall having this issue before, and I eventually found it explained on another forum somewhere in which someone provided two scripts to paste into notepad, one that disables and one that enables windows xp's auto detection features (or whatever feature it is that causes it to momentarily disconnect every once in a while.)

I can no logner find these scripts. Anyone willing to help me out by posting them here, or helping me find them, or telling me another way that I can deal with this?

Thank you very much.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online