1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to turn OFF WPA on verizon FIOS

Discussion in 'Networking' started by slawless, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. slawless

slawless Thread Starter

I have Verizon FIOS. I am using their Actiontec router. I turned on WPA2. All is working well. I wanted to turn it off to help diagose a problem with one device. I can see no way to turn it off. To turn it on you click WPA2. you put in an 8 digit "password" etc and it works. There seems to be no way to turn it off. Am I overlooking something? I tried deleting the password. but it gives you an error and remindes you the password needs to be 8 characters. I am probably overlooking something pretty easy but any help appreciated. Thanks

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    do you have the exact model and revision of the actiontec

Is there anywhere where you can see a radio button or drop down with disable security etc

3. slawless

slawless Thread Starter

it is an MI424-WR rev E

on the home page for the router you goto wireless settings by using the icon on the top bar

on the next page you goto advanced security settings by clicking on the appropriate line in the box on the left

on the next page you click on the WPA2 box (dot) in the large box on the right.

this takes you to a page where you "pre-shared key"

the bottom of this box you have a choise of "apply" or "back"

there is no drop down box or other visible selections.

I quess I can always call customer service.......I hate to do that

Thanks

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice