how to type onto a PDF

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mybreakname

When a PDF is just a few pages long, I can easily convert each page into a JPG image and then pull it up as a full density water-mark in Word or Word Perfect and type anywhere I like. Any ideas on how to do this for longer documents? Thank you.

You'll need a PDF editing program for that. You can do some editing with some readers, but for full editing, you'll most likely need to purchase an editor.

Look at www.foxitsoftware.com

I'll look around for free ones since I'm curious myself. But I use the Foxit editor.

The only way to use Word would be to first convert the PDF to a Word document. A PDF is an image rather than a text-type file, so it is difficult to convert it to any other format and retain the look of the page.

There are Online Converters and some Free Ones.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Sorry Elvandil but PDF is not a image file, it is text based.
Like Word and other formats, it can contain images which cannot be edited easily, but the basic format is open to changes.
It is quite true that the majority of MS based editors treat it as an image, but there are editors available.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
These "editors" really are nothing but a "converter". They convert the pdf file to a format that can be edited and then reconverted to a pdf file.

Each program will use their own text format, save the images, allow the editing to be done, reformat with images, based on the editing and then make a new pdf file, over writing the existing one.

One can do the same thing using a OCR program and a word processor. These "PDF Editors" have just automated the process.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online