1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to type onto a PDF

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mybreakname, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mybreakname

mybreakname Thread Starter

When a PDF is just a few pages long, I can easily convert each page into a JPG image and then pull it up as a full density water-mark in Word or Word Perfect and type anywhere I like. Any ideas on how to do this for longer documents? Thank you.

2. ETech7

ETech7

With Adobe Reader Pro you can edit pdf files.

3. mybreakname

mybreakname Thread Starter

thanks.. but wondering how to if I'm using Word.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

You'll need a PDF editing program for that. You can do some editing with some readers, but for full editing, you'll most likely need to purchase an editor.

Look at www.foxitsoftware.com

I'll look around for free ones since I'm curious myself. But I use the Foxit editor.

The only way to use Word would be to first convert the PDF to a Word document. A PDF is an image rather than a text-type file, so it is difficult to convert it to any other format and retain the look of the page.

There are Online Converters and some Free Ones.

5. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Sorry Elvandil but PDF is not a image file, it is text based.
    Like Word and other formats, it can contain images which cannot be edited easily, but the basic format is open to changes.
    It is quite true that the majority of MS based editors treat it as an image, but there are editors available.

6. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    These "editors" really are nothing but a "converter". They convert the pdf file to a format that can be edited and then reconverted to a pdf file.

Each program will use their own text format, save the images, allow the editing to be done, reformat with images, based on the editing and then make a new pdf file, over writing the existing one.

One can do the same thing using a OCR program and a word processor. These "PDF Editors" have just automated the process.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087401

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice