1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to "unhide" a folder hidden by a "hidefolder" utility?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by vl002001, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vl002001

vl002001 Thread Starter

I used this "hide a folder" program called "folder lock," and I guess it's buggy because it won't let me unhide the files. It unhides the folder containing the files, but the files are still hidden. They're still there, because when I copy and paste the folder, it shows that the files are being copied, but in the new folder they will be hidden again. Checking the "property" of the folder shows the correct size as well. How can I get windows to reveal them?

The hidden files are listed in this folder called "n|+|-n" or something like that I think, but when I type that in dos or windows it won't let me access them.

PS I contacted the company, but I don't expect a response back any time soon and those files are kind of important.

Thanks!

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

And of course you did not or don't have any backups of these files on any other media?

Actually the only way to gain access to these files is by contacting the manufacturer of the security program ir you would have to learn how to program good enough to bew able to get into the secure area. To the best of my knowledge since this is a security thing and we have no way of knowing whether or not you actually have the rights to get into these files I doubt if you will get much direction toward solving your problem.

Go with contacting the manufacturer of the software.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!