1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to uninstall AVG 2011 without Internet access?

Discussion in 'General Security' started by TheHollister, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheHollister

TheHollister Thread Starter

Long story short, my AVG 2011 (free edition) has become corrupt & is preventing me from accessing the internet. I need to remove AVG, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to cleanse my computer of it. I removed it via uninstall on the control panel & deleted the AVG folder via regedit but it's still there. When I tried to uninstall it again, I got this set up error from AVG:

Severity: Error
    Error code: 0xE001D028
    Error message: AVG product not installed, uninstallation request ignored.
    Additional message: AVG Software Installer - Product not installed, uninstallation request ignored.
    Context: Initialization

I'm aware that there are AVG uninstall tools but I can't access the Internet to download them. (I'm typing this from my iPhone). Is there any way to completely remove AVG on my own? I'm running Windows 7 on a Sony laptop. Any advice or info is greatly appreciated!

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Have you tried the Internet after restarting your computer in Safe Mode with Networking?

If no luck, from a working computer, you'll need to save the AVG Remover to a USB flash drive or other removable media, and plug it into your faulty computer.

3. TheHollister

TheHollister Thread Starter

I should have added that I don't have access another computer but thanks.

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Try Safe Mode with Networking.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1036890