How to Uninstall MyPublisher (worse than a virus, that one)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sp00nk

MyPublisher sunk its claws into your system and won't let go? You've come to the right thread.

There were two separate threads on this already, both are wrong / not solved. (might want to link to this one, or remove the other threads, @TechSupportGuy)

-

MyPublisher really screwed things up with a no-uninstaller program (who does that?)
If you're not a software company, it's best to avoid making software.

To all of you who must suffer the idiocy of MyPublisher - here's my solution so far:

UNINSTALLING MYPUBLISHER

1. Remove program files @ "\Program Files (x86)" (The entire "MyPublisher" folder)
2. Remove Roaming app data (click the start icon, type %appdata% & hit Enter), here you must also remove the entire "MyPublisher" folder
3. Remove icon from desktop (right click > delete)
4. Remove icon from start menu (right click > delete)
5. Clean up registry (click the start icon, type in regedit & hit Enter) here you must use Find (F3) to search for MyPublisher. I've found 6 (!) MyPublisher folders in my registry, and 4 "new shortcut" keys. Delete all of this crap.

As a final thought, I might sound upset in the above message. I am.
I care about my PC, and don't appreciate it being crapped on by impotent programmers & clueless companies.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online