1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to uninstall Sophos after a trial ? it wont behave

Discussion in 'General Security' started by HeadsUp, May 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HeadsUp

HeadsUp Thread Starter

I tried Sophos antivirus and firewall on a 1 month trial but didnt like it.

I have tried to uninstall it but it asks for the password , when i put in my password it wont recognise it as the 1 month trial has finished and it wont allow the use of the password for removal .

I tried deleting the folders manually but of course it blocks me from doing that too.

I contacted support but they were "unhelpful" , they just told me to reset the password but of course their site wont allow it as the trial has finished.

How can i delete this garbage ?

Is there software i can use to erase it without reformatting my entire drive ?

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

3. HeadsUp

HeadsUp Thread Starter

thanks , nice software , it deleted 70 % of the Sophos apps but i still cant delete 2 of its programs " until i disable tamper protection"

Its better than it was ~

4. TOGG

TOGG

You could try the Eset AV removal tool;https://support.eset.com/en_EN/kb146/ It is obviously provided in the hope that you will choose an Eset product to replace what you remove but that is not a condition of its use.

Because you have partially removed Sophos the Eset tool might not work, in which case you can try Sophos' own removal tool which is linked to in the Eset KB article. However, I notice that the link only leads to instructions for removing an old 'Small Business' version of Sophos so that may not help you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!