1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How To Uninstall Video Card and Enable the Onboard Card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NYCGurl, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCGurl

NYCGurl Thread Starter

Hi,

A couple weeks ago I installed a video card and disabled my onboard card. Now how do I uninstall the video card (returning it for a better one) and go back to the onboard card? I'm waiting on the new card to get here and I just want to take this one out. I know I have to go to Device Manager/Display adapters and disable it, but I don't see my onboard card anywhere. Will the onboard 'come back' after I take the video card out? Thanks.

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

How did you disable the onboard video? I would bet you need to go into the bios and re enable the card because that had to be where you disabled it and do not disable any video cards in Device Manager. With newer systems, there really is no need to disable onbaord video as bios settings usually allow agp or pci-express when installed or onboard when none installed.

3. Nastrodamus

Nastrodamus

You asked the same questions and had the same line of thinking I had....yeah you will probably have to re-enable the onboard in bios. Now I do know that you will want to uninstall any of those utilities and old drivers for the card you took back before you install the new card. ESPECIALLY if you are going from nvidia to ati or vice versa.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/599639

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice