1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to Uninstall Windows XP in Dual Boot PC

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Barun, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barun

Barun Thread Starter

Hello Sir,
    I have two Compaq PC, one is P-III Deskpro Windows 98 and another Compaq EVO P-4, with Windows XP as OS. Just to try and learn Installation of Win XP to make my Compaq P-III PC a dual boot, I used the Windows XP OS CD supplied with my Compaq EVO PC to install the OS. The installation was successfull. But after installation it asked for ACTIVATION with the Microsoft. I couldn't do that because my Compaq EVO PC was already using that licensed copy. Everything was going wel. But after the end of 30 day's, now my Dual Boot Compaq PC, while booting in Win XP, stops at logon screen and ask for activation. I am nither able to reach the desktop of Win XP, nor I find any way to completely remove Windows XP from my PC, and return to my Licensed single boot status with Windows 98 OS.

Please help me to come out of this situation. With regards,

Barun
    (West Bengal)
    INDIA

2. mobo

mobo

Boot ther dual boot pc with a 98 bootdisk and from the command prompt type fdisk and delete the extended partition with xp on it. This will delete the partition but you will need third party software like partition magic to gain back that hard drive space on your c drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167300

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice