How to unlock Background list from My pictures folder?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

abratross

It may because I instilled some software. after that, everytime I open the "display properties"-->>"desktop",my computer will read "My pictures"folder,and trying to load all the pictures in the "Background" list.which are almost 2GB pictures.
it is very slow, and my computer halted for a long time.

I searched google,only find someone want lock the list to other folder,not unlock it.

if anyone can help me, thanks a lot !

abratross, It's a problem with XP and Microsoft never corrected it. A well known problem with XP is that images stored in My Pictures somehow get added to the list of Background Images. If it really bothers you make a new folder and name it something like Personal Pictures then move the ones in your My Pictures folder into the new folder and in the future store your new image files into the Personal Pictures folder and they won't show in the Background list.

Tufenuf

abratross

Thank you Tufenuf! It works.
I like set "My Documents" as the whole Disk E:, and store all my stuff there, and access them form the start menu, so I can keep my usual practise, it is a great help to me!(y)

abratross, Glad it worked out and Thanks for posting back. You can mark this thread as "Solved" at the top of your first post.

Tufenuf

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online