How to unlock disk?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nightcrwlr

Hi Everybody,

I have a G3 (i think, powermac 5500) connected to a LAN with a PC running 2K adv server with a UAM volume.

I am able to see files on the UAM volume from the Mac, but every time I try to upload a file to the volume, it tells me the disk is locked. I have set permissions on the PC to allow everyone full control of the UAM volume, so it should not be a problem on the PC side.

Anybody know what I need to do? I know more about PCs than Macs so any help would be appreciated.

The Mac is running OS 9

nightcrwlr

Do you mean on the PC or the Mac?

The PC is set up so that anyone has full control (Read & Write) of the UAM volume, and I believe the user account I use to connect has Administrative rights (I'm at work now but I'll double-check when I get home). As far as rights level on the Mac, I'm clueless about how to even check that.

Well, I network my macs and PCs all the time and each OS gives me a different headache. So far 2k/XP and OSX play nice. I have had the best results making an account on each device that is the same, username/password & rights.

On OSX you would go into the System Preferences to the Users applet. You would be able to verify rights there no problem. Anything before that I am unfamiliar with.

highlight the disk click once on it then do get info finder File menu item then uncheck Lock Disk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online