How to unlock permissions to 'Allow' access to a Folder that has multiple files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vam_see

I have a folder with 70gb data (multiple folders & files inside). To restrict access to this folder, I changed the permissions by doing the following,
Right click on Folder -> Properties -> Security Tab -> Advanced -> Change Permissions -> Edit -> 'Check' Deny -> Apply.

Now to change the permissions back to normal, I followed the same to 'Uncheck' Deny and Apply.
But, only the main folder got its permissions back but all the files & folders are said to be locked.
That means, I have to unlock each & every file and folder (they are in 100's) by setting their permissions which is a horrifying task. I need help in unlocking them to normal at ONE GO. Please do the needful.

How to I unlock my primary folder, including all the sub folders and files inside my primary folder, at one go ?

Thanks in advance.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online