how to use broadband internet safely???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

debjitmandal

i am now using broadband internet.
when i am online, my spyware/adware scanners are active to protect my computer.
but, when i am offline how can i protect my computer from unauthorized hacking/access.
i think it is still possible to hack any computer or can access any file in offline as long as your internet cable is connected to your system.
am i right?????
if so, removing cable is one solution to protect my computer when i am offline.
is there any solution to protect my computer when i am offline???
help me to solve the problem.

DoubleHelix

Banned
You're never offline with a broadband connection unless you disable the network card (if that's how you connect) or turn off the modem or disconnect the modem from the wall.

All of this is unnecessary if you have anti-virus and firewall software installed and you avoid visiting questionable sites and opening e-mail from unknown sources.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online