How to use outlook express with hotmail???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alih786

ive got a @live.co.uk account, how can i set it up in outlook express?? if its not free, is there a way to use hotmail with outlookk express for FREE?

etaf

Wayne
not that I know of, they stopped pop some time ago, as did yahoo
Gmail is still free to use with pop etc

fairnooks

Banned
Have you tried Window Live Mail and not liked it? If not, Microsoft hasn't been supporting OE for a couple years now (except for security updates) and Live Mail supports all the free hotmail accounts you want. I had three false starts before moving over completely and now it a pretty good client, and more importantly, continues to get updated.

Hotmail is supposed to offer free POP3.
Not sure of the worldwide schedule but the US is slated for February.

Then it can be used with Outlook Express, Windows Mail and other
email clients.

Hotmail supports http protocol to receive and send mails on Outlook Express AFAIK. When you set an account you'll be probably shown option to add Hotmail account too. But be warned, it'll be darn slow.
If you are using Microsoft Outlook then you can download Outlook Connector to receive mails as well as syncing of your calendars etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online