Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to use SSD full potential?

488 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  managed 
#1 ·
Helo every one.
I am very new to all to all the computer lingo and stuff so I will try not to sound too stupid. But I bought a laptop today that was a bit under what I wanted to spend so I asked them to install an SSD. The guy then said that the ssd will be put in with the 1tb hdd already in the laptop. The ssd is a WD Black m.2 500GB.

My question just is how do I optimize the speed of my laptop? How do I actually use the ssd to its full potential? How and what should i store on the ssd and what should i store on the hdd. I do not totally understand how its installed but thats beside the point. Could someone just explain how i should use the ssd speed potential fully?

Thanks for all the answers and sorry if I sound confused. Its because I am.

#2 ·
The SSD needs to be the Boot drive (c) and use the 1TB for storage. SSD's are about 5 times faster than mechanical hard drives.

#3 ·
The SSD will be faster than the HDD for writing and reading so putting the Operating System (Windows usually) on it makes sense. Also any programs or games you use a lot will load and save faster if installed onto the SSD.

The HDD is best used to store data files like videos, music and documents.

500GB is a lot though and you may be able to put everything on the SSD, it all depends on what you use the computer for.

What make and model laptop is it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.