1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to use TV out in LG Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pkbose, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pkbose

pkbose Thread Starter

I purchased LG laptop model R400, I tried to connect TV out (S Video)with TV, but not getting the video in tv, when playing video file in laptop
    cable I used- 7 pin s video in put in laptop to red, yellow, white RCA out put to TV
    do I need any software, or setting in laptop, Vista is O/S

2. dustwave

dustwave

seems like your using a s-video to rca cable... the red (right audio) and white (left audio) wont do much as s-video only transmits video... so just have the yellow composite plugged into your tv and try

also.. there may or may not be any option in your video card settings/properties on your laptop to change the frequency of the s-video output... try 60Hz

also.. try changing the resolution of the s-video output... if there is that option...

i assume your pressing the function button on your laptop to toggle between video outputs...

3. nana_waba

nana_waba

I have the same dilemna.. i bought a LG R400 notebook last week but could not find a correct 7 pin S-video cable that i could use to connect to my TV with RCA connections.. i live in Dubai, UAE. Anyone out there who could suggest on where and how i could connect my laptop to my tv?

4. TreyDawgMT

TreyDawgMT

I know someone that uses a laptop w/S-Video out and he needs to go to the display settings (which on Windows XP are Right Click somewhere on desktop and select Properties, probably similar in Vista) and change something in the Settings tab. He can display on laptop only, TV only, or both. You might try looking there?

5. acetrace84

acetrace84

I'm trying to do a similar thing as already mentioned. I bought a digital S-video cable and a twin phono cable (which runs out of my headphone socket). Both of these are connected to a scart adaptor with an input/output selector which is then plugged into the scart connection in my TV. I had to adjust the Intel display settings and managed to receive both a picture and sound, however the television display was completely black and white! I've tried as many different setting combinations as possible and this doesn't solve the problem. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Tracey

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/561038