1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to verify the integrity of files en masse

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ubamous3, Oct 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ubamous3

ubamous3 Thread Starter

hi,

i dont know if there's a program that will do this but i'll ask any way; i had a 160g divided in 2 2 partitions; i decided i didnt need that primary partition with the OS any more so i deleted it and securely formatted it in pm8; then after reboot, i tried to distribute unallocated space from the former primary part (i.e. merging them together in effect); well, it was doing its thing and then it bsod on me; so my secondary partition (with mp3's videos, apps, isos, documents, etc...) are recognized through window explorer and through getdataback for ntfs BUT not all the files are good!!! like some video files play just some techno music and a lot of the mp3's dont'play

my question is instead of testing each file individually, is there a program that will scan them and tell u that the files are a ok? that'd be extremely helpful but i'm not aware of such program.

also, if an mp3 is corrupted this way, what do u guys recommend a utility to fix it?

thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/285138

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice