1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved How to view my image on the internet?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by larryh10000, Dec 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. larryh10000

larryh10000 Thread Starter

I have been working with Gimp and found a photo of a car and I made the background transparent. I can see all the gray checkerboard background that represents that the background is transparent but how can I view it on the internet or view it or test it on a colored background to make sure that just the image is showing up.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    open it with your browser

3. larryh10000

larryh10000 Thread Starter

I see, I just right-click on the image and choose 'Open with' and choose the browser I want to use. In my case, it only gives me the choice of Internet Explorer but it works okay. I have Chrome and Edge but those options are not available to me. But, Internet Explorer works okay so I'll just use that.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  4. 2twenty2

2twenty2

There also should be "Choose Another App" when you right click and select "Open With"

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220199

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice