1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to write a script to change date and time before starting a program 2

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by testguy, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. testguy

testguy Thread Starter

I was viewing a recently closed thread and was interested in a similar task.

I would like to test the ability for my program to not be manipulated by any sort of time scripts created but first need assistance in creating a simple script that would set the system time to a STATIC time or maybe -5 minutes (or even a loop that sets the time). I have the script that syncs the system time to a time server but wanted to see if anyone would provide a sample script that may possibly still be able to change the time in this app.

Here's a good example.

User1 logs in, clicks a button which timestamps and saves this time to our database. This timestamp is in reference to a phone call and we want to be exact or very close to recording the time of the call.

What I DON'T want is for someone to run a script that resets the time or manipulates it, that's what I'm looking to test. Though if I can prove it can be reset we will rewrite this module. Please help me with any sample scripts I could run, maybe a .bat loop file that repeatedly resets the time, etc. I'd REALLY appreciate all examples and thank you in advance :)
    TestGuy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!