How To:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

closed

Account Closed
How could I 'monitor' files stored on home network PC's?

Not much info I can give you, I mean I am computer literate and a programmer... But networking is a whole new field for me... But yeah... I want to monitor files that my kids look at and punish them (evidence). Although I can block this w/ a router, I'd rather not 'block' them and them find these sites at a friends house etc. sorta see what I am trying to do?

Thanks!

1002richards

Retired Trusted Advisor
Can't see that you'll achieve anything by spying on your kids. If you 'punish' them for going to sites that you identify through your spying activities they'll know that you are 'monitoring' them and they'll just go to their friends' houses to go to these sites or worse.
Why not talk it through with them and set some house rules that both sides can live with. Why not put the PCs/laptops where you can see who's doing what in an overt manner?

Richard.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Sorry, but we can't help with issues of this sort. Obviously, we can't determine the real situation here, so we prefer to not get involved at all.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.