how would i give the highest priority to my xbox

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

protorso

i have a speedstream 4200 modem and a belkin enhance wireless router model number-- f6d4230-4 v1

i would like to know if i could make my xbox the highest priority for this router or modem.. if so can u please tell me how i would do it

I don't believe that you will find a way to do that. The router will divide the bandwidth among the users.

Unless your router supports some sort of QOS rules then you will get what the router dishes out.

jiml8

Check the router for availability of QOS settings. That router is running Linux with iptables, and iptables certainly supports QOS so it all depends on whether the router makes the option available as a menu item.

I've used a bandwidth shaping tool before called "cFos Speed" (I think). It actually worked pretty well and dramatically speeded up some things at the expense of less important traffic. But it was complex and could only be used on a PC, anyway, or through Internet Connection Sharing.

Do the other users of this connection know what you are trying to do?

If you are the only one online, the problem disappears. Or maybe you need an upgraded connection.

protorso

im trying to make it where my sister doesn't no what im doing because she doesnt no nothing about the routers or anything but when she get on here iphone it will randomly lag me out of xbox so i want to make here iphone have very slow internet trafficing

jiml8

Well that seems pretty selfish.

I think this is a matter for you to take up with your parents, and not something for us to be involved with.

protorso

um well if u played xbox and it kicks u off every 5 secs u would be pissed off to her phone takes up all the internet and her phone has unlimited data so she can get on it with here iphone without our internet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online