How would i Sync a Windows Live Mail account on 3 PCs?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zorgan

Hi there,

I have setup in an office three networked pc`s, they use one of the pcs with "windows live mail" to view, send e-mail etc with their e-mail account, however they have requested that they would like to log into thier mail account with the other two computer on the network, view the same inbox etc and send, what would be the best solution for this?

TIA

fairnooks

Banned
The only free way I know of that you can do this with Windows Live Mail is to maintain a common Hotmail account or a Gmail account configured to use the imap protocols (intructions for setup included in the Gmail account settings). The way both work is that the account is kept current on the web and then that is shared and syncronized with each copy of Windows Live Mail configured to use that one web account.

zorgan

aaah - what about if they were to pay for setting this up - possibly with other mail clients?

or is it a headache?

fairnooks

Banned
A more professional business-type setup is a little out of my league. There's obviously Microsoft Exchange Server level, whole solution type integration and probably a good number of competitive or niche solutions and I think it may take a savvy consultant to match you up with something that met all your needs beyond just simple "bootstrap" email sycronization.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online