Hows My Temps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rhorne4

These Temps Are On A New Build With A Prescott 3.2 Ghz Processor.how Do They Look?

Attachments

RH,

For a Prescott they are very LOW. Maybe you should unplug all the fans :eek:

Just kidding of course. :p

rhorne4

Thanks.under A Load They Will Climb To Around 66c.but I Thought With The Stock Hs/fan They Were Good.

rhorne4

Thanks To Everyone That Responded.i Think I Can Be Happy With These Readings.no Reason To Make Any Changes At This Point.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
winbob said:
Even the high end is within Norms for a Prescott.
Bob, I'm working with the poster in another thread, and I figured 66C was a bit on the hot side. Do you have any links for 'inline' temps?

66 degrees would not be hot for a prescott when loading windows, maybe for normal running but even so.............you could make a nice Sunday roast on mine and it seems to perform great.:)

AcaCandy,

I originally Googled: prescott temperature

and began reviewing from there.

Here's a quote from an article at:

http://www.digital-daily.com/cpu/prescott-c/index02.htm

"Coming back to the increased operating temperatures, there is one more thing to note. Once the processor is overheated, the internal protection mechanism snaps on, and it switches to the special "missed cycle" mode. In this case, the rise of temperature is decelerating and the performance drops seriously. In fact, this mechanism appeared already in the earliest Pentium4 processors on the Willamette core which were able without a cooler at all (but very very slowly :). As regards the Prescott core, engineers at Intel distributed most demanding functional blocks uniformly of the whole core area. As a result, the danger of local overheat decreased, and the admissible temperatures rose as well. In particular, while in the Northwood D1 core the anti-overheating protection (missed cycled\s) snapped at 75-80 C, in the Prescott core the protection mechanism operates at 95-100 C. Anyway, Intel does not guarantee the operability of processors at very high temperatures and recommends the users to avoid exceeding the 70 C mark."

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts