1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How's the Graphics Intel Integrated GMA X3100 for gaming?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robawalsh, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robawalsh

robawalsh Thread Starter

I intend to play games like BF2 or SWAT4 with at least 20fps. I don't mind having minimum detail settings.

I am considering buying a Dell Studio 1735 from the Dell Outlet store.
    Here are the specs:

1.86Ghz Pentium Dual Core processor
    2048MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    Hard Drive 120GB Serial ATA
    Windows Vista Premium
    17" display WXGA+ TrueLife
    Graphics Intel Integrated GMA X3100
    ALL FOR ONLY £300! FREE DELIVERY! (actually £350 but there's an offer atm)

Would the Graphics Intel Integrated GMA X3100 manage new games like the ones listed above, at around 20fps with these specs?
    Remember, I don't mind having the detail settings etc. on absolute minimum, but I want it to be playable - ie. run smoothly.

2. BG-0

BG-0

3. robawalsh

robawalsh Thread Starter

4. BG-0

BG-0

Ah, laptop... :eek: Sorry, my bad. You propably should look for something with a bit more punch... But I guess you can play with that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZXYTC8HxgE But that video was supposedly filmed on a laptop that is generally better than that Dell.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/774269

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice