1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP 15 laptop keyboard and mouse pad trouble

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Khameleon, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Khameleon

Khameleon Thread Starter

Today, I tried to get onto my laptop per usual and neither the keyboard or the mousepad is working. The touchscreen isn't either once I try to use it to maneuver a mouse but I'm more concerned about the keyboard and mouse pad. My laptop boots up regularly, gets to the sign in screen normally but to no avail when I try to try and nothing comes up. I can't afford to get a new laptop right this second but I am desperate enough to take an alternative route. How efficient is the wireless keyboard and mouse? I was told that once I connect the USB to the laptop, that will work for me.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Allan
    You could have problems with a wireless keyboard and mouse, if they need a driver you won't be able to get into windows to install it ! I would get a Usb wired keyboard instead, they are very cheap now.

AmateurJohn likes this.
  3. ronbel

ronbel

Try reinstalling the drivers for the keyboard and mousepad.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Allan
    How ?

lynx1021 likes this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214357

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice