1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP 2210 printer

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Jeffdon, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffdon

Jeffdon Thread Starter

I have heard that the HP2210 multifunction printer cannot be used as a network printer, only as a printer for the PC it is connected to directly. Is that true?

2. Monstrous Mi

Monstrous Mi

That's right, it is not a network printer. A network printer has a network card on it where you can assign it an IP address.

However, there are options to share (i.e. network) a printer like this. You would either need a network printer server or use file and printer sharing. The easiest way to do this is to use a router with a built-in network printer server. Lots of them today have this capability and it is not expensive. If you are industrious, you can build a network printer server with an old 486 or Pentium I computer that has been stripped down. With this, I believe you can use up to 3 parallel ports supporting three printers.

3. matrix1000

matrix1000

Just go to the computer that the printer is physically hooked up to and go to control pannel > printers> then right click on your printer and choose sharing then click the "Share as" radio button and click ok... then go to your other computers.... go to control pannel > printers> add printer > next > .... > "Add network Printer" > Browse for network printer.. find your shared printer and click ok... Now you can print to the printer from your other computer... continue this process on all pcs that will use the printer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222635

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice