1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP 27xi, AOC i2757fh, or ViewSonic Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sithtiger, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sithtiger

Sithtiger Thread Starter

I'm stuck between these 3 monitors. The HP 27xi AOC i2757fh or the Viewsonic VX2770SMH-LED 27

They all look similar, but I'm just not sure which one to get. I'm leaning toward the HP 27xi though, but this site rated the AOC i2757fh a little higher over the HP 27xi. I'd like to hear some feedback from you guys.

My main usage is playing games like BF3/BF4, SWTOR and Titanfall when it comes out. I also do a lot of web surfing and occasional movie watcher on this monitor. My current monitor is a 24 inch Asus VW246H and I like it, but I don't love it. So my main concern is how well it displays games. I don't want any ghosting and the least amount of input lag I can find. Now, I know the AOC boasts a slightly quicker response time of 5ms vs the HP's 7 seconds, but the reviews I've read thus far state there is no visual lag from the HP. What do you guys suggest? Thanks in advance!

2. Sithtiger

Sithtiger Thread Starter

Really? No one has an opinion on this?

3. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Personally, I would go by spec and not reviews simply because you don't know the reviewer or what level of detail they look at. Just because reviews on the HP say they haven't noticed any visual lag doesn't mean you won't (should also state that you may not notice it either if you bought the monitor!). The item specs and weighing that up against cost and your personal needs / wants is the only realistic way to do it.

4. Sithtiger

Sithtiger Thread Starter

Thanks, yes I've been doing that as well, and I believe they use the same panel, so there are very few differences between the two. As far as differences go they are pretty identical. The HP weighed a couple pounds more than the AOC, so I'm leaning toward the HP at this point.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1114016

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice