HP 3400c scanner decided to quit today

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gun_for_Hire

Hi,
I am using a HP Scanjet 3400c scanner and after reformatting my hd's it decided to quit. The last time I reformatted Windows XP found the scanner and set it up for me. This time it sets it up but it wont work. Diagnostics say its fine but it will not scan, justs lights up. HP says that it doesnt make drivers for it for xp and I cant seem to find any that work. Any suggestions?

Try installing your scanner manually using the add hardware feature in the control panel. You may need to uninstall the scanner if it doesn't find any new hardware.

Gun_for_Hire

I un-installed the scanner, then downloaded the new drivers, then re-installed the scanner and still nothing. It goes thru the normal windows xp stuff and the window showing the progress comes up but it never scans. the light comes on but no movement. After about a couple of minutes it says it is not responding. Any ideas?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online