Solved HP 3830 printer not printing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dano_61

Hello James

I did all you suggested the printer is not connected yet

dano_61

I thought you wanted me to wait until you said to connect the printer

dano_61

Ok what do i do now, do i have remove the software and reinstall it

dano_61

OK up date I went into services and stopped printer and removed the HP printer software and all related HP files from my PC, then started spooler again redownloaded the printer software , restarted my PC then tried to print , my computer says i am online and the printer is going through the printer motion but no ink, could it be the ink is the problem ?

Last edited:

plodr

Liz
could it be the ink is the problem ?
Could very well be. If you are willing to spend the money for new HP carts, you can test this. Or, if the price is high for the new carts, you could put that money towards a new printer.

I owned two HP printers that refused to print. This was after I installed a genuine HP black cart. I got tired of trying to fix them. I also didn't want to waste more money buying carts. (They both used the same cart numbers). I recently e-cycled the one. I use the other just for scanning.

dano_61

I can scan and fax, I am not spending any more money on carts thanks all for your help

plodr

Liz
I feel your pain!
Newer printers seem to have multiple problems.
We use 2 very old printers: HP 722C from around 1997 and HP 5550 from 2003. They just keep on working.
Sadly I e-cycled a very old printer that still worked but it was from the DOS and Windows 3.x days. I didn't want it limping along trying to print in XP (the 722C is attached to that computer).

I do like the newest printer because it is wifi and I can print to it from all our devices. HP 2655
I've changed carts several times and always hold my breath hoping that it will continue to print.
If you decide to buy another printer, read reviews before you decide on a model. Some models seem to have more problems than others.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online