HP 4050 printer properties on NT server can not remember it's settings

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gsbham

I have an NT server that has an HP 4050 three-tray printer set up on it. (The 4050 printer is attached to a print server on the LAN) When I go to the NT server to adjust the printer properties so that the printer will print to tray tree instead of tray two and click OK, the server does not remember the settings. So when I go back into the printer properties the configuration is still set up to print to tray 2. Does anyone have any suggestions I can try out? I already tried re-installing the driver for the printer.

Brooks

Have you check the defaults on the front control panel of the printer? If the printer thinks that there is not the correct paper in tray two, then it will go to the next tray that it thinks has the correct paper.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online