1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP 4050N printer windows 10

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dorango, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dorango

dorango Thread Starter

I got an old 4050n printer from work which has been working fine. I have got windows 10 preview on my PC now, the printer worked at the start but now with updates etc it does not. It says it does not communicate. it works on the printer keypad and printed the config page, with the problems I reset to factory defaults which made no difference, I have installed and uninstalled numerous times the main difference I think is that there is no usb port to connect it to now(it is connected by usb)in the drop down list I think it was usb0001 or something similar. In the printout it says :- port select none
    port config disconnected
    I/O cardnot ready OE
    lan error loss of carrier
    could anyone help please I am just an average person so not too technical please, when I got it on win 7 it just worked when connected it.
    thanks

2. joe957

joe957

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You could also not use a beta operating system that is still not ready for consumer use and full of glitches. If you are an average user then Windows 10 is not for you until it's available as a final release. Return to Windows 7 would be my advice.

Aside from that, download the HP Universal print drivers and uninstall/delete the existing printer, then reboot and install the new driver.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=57832&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4158

You also posted this in the Networking section but mention USB, is it connected via USB or Ethernet?

Either way lets move this to Hardware.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    dorango:

Windows 10 is still in development and full of bugs and won't be released to the public until supposedly late summer or early fall.

HP has not developed and released any Windows 10 software driver packages yet, and likely won't for your very old HP printer.

You didn't say if you installed Windows 10 32-bit or 64-bit, but the universal driver that Rob suggested may work.

Select the Windows 8.1 32-bit or 64-bit version.

---------------------------------------------------------

5. dorango

dorango Thread Starter

As I said it was working fine with the earlier windows 10 version10098 I think but after update no. A pity because it was quick for just B & W. Well thanks anyway cheers

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148654

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice