1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hp 4200c scanner will not work will winfax

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by richsandy, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. richsandy

richsandy Thread Starter

I upgraded to xp and lost the softwear package that came with my scanner. now winfax pro will not recieve a scan from it . I have downloaded a new softwear form hp that said it was for xp but xp still said not to install it. Idid and now my scanner will not work at all. hepl please

2. John Sparkman

John Sparkman

You will need to uninstall the scanners drivers and all software from your system before installing the new software from HP.
    Un-install the scanners drivers first. In control panel, double click on the "system icon" and select the "hardware" tab. Then click on device manager and look for an icon named "Imaging Devices". Click the plus sign next to it and then right click your scanner icon and select "Uninstall".
    Now go back to control panel and using "Add and Remove Software" uninstall all the software for your scanner.
    Disconnect your scanner from the system and reboot. After rebooting install the downloaded software. (I placed a link below that will take you to the software download page.)
    Unless the instructions that come with the software is different, you will need to reboot once again after installing the software. After rebooting you should now hook-up your scanner and windows will install the drivers.

Let us know how it goes.

HP4200C Software

3. richsandy

richsandy Thread Starter

I did all most all you said to do but ran out of time. ( had to go to work) IL will finnish to night and let you know. thanks for the fast responce .

4. richsandy

richsandy Thread Starter

will that didn't work, so I ordered thwe hard copie from hp and if that don't work I am going to very up set. thanks for trying. if you have any more ideas I will try them.

5. John Sparkman

John Sparkman

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!