1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP 4L Printing Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by absolvd, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolvd

absolvd Thread Starter

I recently bought a used HP 4L because I think the old HP lasers are great for the amount of printing I do, and I've found them to be fairly bullet-proof. Recently I noticed dark strip down one side of the pages I was printing, so I decided to clean all the wheels - thinking this was the problem. When I did so, I turned the printer upside down , and after that there were grey strips and splotches all over the paper. I pulled the toner cartridge out and could see that there appeared to be toner ink all over the drum. I wiped the drum clean with tissue paper, but the problem persists, and every time I look at the drum, it has excess toner on it. I've been careful to keep the cartridge upright since turning the printer upside down to clean it . Have I wrecked the toner cartridge or can this be fixed without replacing it? Any suggestions? :confused:

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

You probably need a new toner cartriage. Most if not all of the toner cartriages are refilled since they don't make new cartriages for that printer anymore. Probably the parts inside the cartriage are just worn out. You can try taking the cartriage outside and blowing the excess toner away with a can of air but usually it takes a replacement cartriage to fix the prints. BOL

3. absolvd

absolvd Thread Starter

Luker:

Thanks for the reply. Any suggestions on where to obtain a toner cartridge?

Absolvd

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice