1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP 530 notebook

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by level8, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. level8

level8 Thread Starter

Hello, i would like to pose this problem to the experienced here on the forums.

we have been given an HP530 pre-installed with "windows vista basic". the user despises vista and has asked us to downgrade it to his favourite operating system "windows xp home". before i started i created the recovery disks of the vista installation. i have installed and fully updated windows xp home and all drivers have been installed except for one. the dial-up modem. unfortunatly that is the one driver that is going to be used by the user of the laptop. when i try install the driver "sp36087.exe" which i get from the hp site i get this error message: "driver installation failed: could not find the modem device for this driver". i tried pionting windows to the location that the hp drivers extracts to but still no joy.

any help will be appreciated.

2. The Expert

The Expert

3. vicks

vicks

Another place you might be able to get the driver is at www.driverguide.com. It is free but you must register to download anything.
    Good luck
    vicks

4. stuart.berry

stuart.berry

Hi,

I am in the same position as level8. I have got the 530 with Vista Home Basic but we want to install XP Pro.

Going through the install but XP doesnt have the storage controller drivers. I have been looking everywhere but cant find them! Did you have this problem when you were installing XP Home?

Any help would be great.

For ref the storage contorller comes up, under Vista, ad "Intel 82801G (ICH7) Ultra ATA Storage Controller - (27DF)"

Thanks

Stuart

5. The Expert

The Expert

use the above link from HP to and download the chipset drivers, that should the problem.

Have you been able to use the external display adapter i can't get it to work

6. nasq

nasq

I had Free DOS HP 530 and installed VISTA working perfectly:). But I have now dual boot systems with Xp PRO SP3. I downloaded all Xp drivers available from HP site and installed them:cool:. All OK except Audio and Modem. Error message pops everytime "Failed to detect any MEDIA (or MODEM) device for this driver"(n)

What to do? :confused:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/620362

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice