#1 · (Edited)
HP 635

AMD E-350 1.6 GHz
DUAL CORE PROCESSOR
64 BIT
GRAPHICS CARD IS AMD Radeon HD 6310
320HDD
2 GB RAM

All, Those are the specs to my hp pc, for a while now(3 yrs-ish) it has been running hot with the fun running at full rpm. what have I done?

Wiped the drive about 3 times and loaded windows 7 pro, 8pro and 10 pro(separate wipes for each OP). and still nothing. I've gone back to 7 pro and took it to office depo so that they may do their free diagnostics and everything checks out. I want to fix this pc because its 15.6" moniter is the ideal size for me and honestly upgrading the ram to 8 gbs and installing a sdd will run me about 120-ish and a newer pc with similar specs would run me about 300-500-ish. Recently, upon looking at difference ways to run the processor faster I discovered that I can activate dormant cores. so I plan to do that sometime this week and hopefully that helps.

so my question, What can I do to troubleshoot AND repair the slow laggy operation, overheating and fan running at full rpm?

if all else fails, I will salvage most parts, set up the monitor as a external monitor for my other laptop pc, the hdd use it as a external hdd and probably dispose of the other components.

See less See more
#2 ·
The CPU heat sink is probably clogged, looked at this YouTube video it is vary small anyway and a Pain to get to.
In My opinion HP=Horrible Products.

Reactions: eddie95
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.