1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved HP 635 Overheating, Fans Run at Full RPM

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eddie95, Jun 5, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. eddie95

eddie95 Thread Starter

HP 635

AMD E-350 1.6 GHz
    DUAL CORE PROCESSOR
    64 BIT
    GRAPHICS CARD IS AMD Radeon HD 6310
    320HDD
    2 GB RAM

All, Those are the specs to my hp pc, for a while now(3 yrs-ish) it has been running hot with the fun running at full rpm. what have I done?

Wiped the drive about 3 times and loaded windows 7 pro, 8pro and 10 pro(separate wipes for each OP). and still nothing. I've gone back to 7 pro and took it to office depo so that they may do their free diagnostics and everything checks out. I want to fix this pc because its 15.6" moniter is the ideal size for me and honestly upgrading the ram to 8 gbs and installing a sdd will run me about 120-ish and a newer pc with similar specs would run me about 300-500-ish. Recently, upon looking at difference ways to run the processor faster I discovered that I can activate dormant cores. so I plan to do that sometime this week and hopefully that helps.

so my question, What can I do to troubleshoot AND repair the slow laggy operation, overheating and fan running at full rpm?

if all else fails, I will salvage most parts, set up the monitor as a external monitor for my other laptop pc, the hdd use it as a external hdd and probably dispose of the other components.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  2. lynx1021

lynx1021

The CPU heat sink is probably clogged, looked at this YouTube video it is vary small anyway and a Pain to get to.
    In My opinion HP=Horrible Products.

eddie95 likes this.
  3. eddie95

eddie95 Thread Starter

I will try this method and hopefully this works. Thanks Lynx1021

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    HP 635 Notebook PC (support site)

That model laptop appears to be about 8 years old, so it's not worth investing money into.

It has a very weak dual core processor, so I'm not surprised at all that it's working overtime to perform functions.
    cpu.JPG

----------------------------------------------------------------

eddie95 likes this.
  5. eddie95

eddie95 Thread Starter

thanks Flavallee, guess ill salvage any usable parts out of it.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You're welcome. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice