1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP 6500 problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hottubjoe, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hottubjoe

Hottubjoe Thread Starter

Sep 13, 2012
    I recently tried to connect my HP Officejet 6500n to my wireless network. Everything went well, but since then, the scanner keeps "disappearing." I get the message that the scanner is disconnected or not detected. I have re-installed the printer from an updated file that I downloaded from HP. If I try to install from the CD, I get a message that says "Newer driver already installed." Just today, I re-installed the printer drivers 4 times. The scanner works once or twice, then "disappears." I am using the IP address that came with the D-Link router (
  2. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

May 12, 2011
    Are you trying to continiously use the scanner? Or just using it once, and then trying again hours later?

Most often in problems like this, there are long periods between use. The problem is often caused by the device losing it's IP or the device going to sleep and not responding to the LAN. When directly connected, devices will wake up and respond, but many can't or don't wake to LAN traffic. Sometines there is an option in the setup related to LAN use.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1068891