1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP 656c printing problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bogboy1978, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bogboy1978

bogboy1978 Thread Starter

I have a problem when printing documents. During printing, the pages are coming out half printed or not printed at all. When printing in black the text starts fading part way through, which is weird as I have just replaced the cartridge. When printing a document in colour, the pages usually have half the document and then random symbols, such as hearts, smiley faces and spades in black ink, then a blank page comes through with the same symbols printed on it.

I performed a test page printout and both the colour and black were perfect, I can print pictures without any trouble. It's just the documents. I've tried printing docs with OpenOffice, wordpad and from the internet, each time getting the same sort of results. I have re-installed the driver, restarted the computer and cleaned the cartridge contacts both on the cartridges and inside the printer. Still I have the same problem.

Can anyone suggest anything apart from kicking my printer's head in :) ?

Many thanks in advance.

2. onsite

onsite

your printer is probably going bad. You might want to put in your printer install cd from hp.
    They should have an option to completely ununstall the printer, uninstall
    then reboot and reinstall.
    it probably is the printers buffer, which is not used durring a selftest printout.
    if you get a new printer do not get a 3 in 1

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice