HP 8765C Memory Upgrade Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rck1

Hi

I have an HP 8765C and was thinking of upgrading the RAM. It came with 128MB and looks like it is expandable to 512MB. Inside there are 2 RAM slots. I assume I can replace the 128MB SDRAM chip with two 256 SDRAM chips. My question is this: Is 512MB the max I can install? Can I put two 512MB chips in and will it work or is the 512MB total truely the max. I heard you may be able to change the BIOS to accept more. Is this true or am I better off just going to 512MB? With RAM so cheap, I thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance.
rck1

Hi rck1,
Try the HP web site. It has all the tech info you need about your PC. I have a 6553 and it can use 512 max. They will have everything about your PC from BIOS to Sound.

Have a look at www.crucial.com.

Even if you don't buy from them, they have great info about pc's, motherboards and their memory expansion capabilities.

Peter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online