1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hp 882c two sided printing problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by angeltherat, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. angeltherat

angeltherat Thread Starter

a friend of mine came to me with the following problem...

any thoughts?

2. slipe

slipe

I’m surprised that XP doesn’t let you do two sided printing. My old 722 was hooked up on XP for a short while and did 2 sided printing with the XP install and my 930 is working fine. Both were completely installed by XP without the HP software. You might run through the HP troubleshoot and detect the printer to make sure it is installing the 880C and not a generic driver: http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/docume...XGR5UOSQ?reg=na&cc=us&docName=bpd09005&lc=en&

3. theark

theark

I also ran into this problem in the past few days. I too have a deskjet 882c now running on a WinXP system and no there is not an option to print on both sides of the paper anymore like there was in Win98.

Yes I did let Windows install its own driver for the deskjet 882c, and the option to print dual sides is No.

I also tried it with HP's driver and still the same thing. If anyone ever came up with a way around this, I would sure like to know. I do like to save paper when I can, and this is really a waste.

I did go look at other deskjet printers the other day and most you had to buy and add on in order to do two sided printing, so I did not get anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. slipe

slipe

The add-on is for having the printer flip the pages so you don’t have to do it. It will print both sides without intervention with the attachment. The old method of turning the pages yourself is still on almost all printers.

It seems to be a problem specific to the 822. As I said the 722 and 930 both still have the feature in XP. Don’t know what to tell you if you removed the driver that XP installed before you loaded the downloaded one from HP.

5. theark

theark

Thanks for the info on the add on for the HP printer.

I may go back and look at the printers again and get a new one. I just hate wasting paper like this. But even worse, I hate to ditch a good printer :(

But so far, XP has not been as bad as I thought it would be, I sure put off getting it long enough hoping most of the bugs would be out of it by now, guess Bill missed one ;)

theark

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165611

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice