HP a1410n won't start

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Junker5X5

My HP Pavilion a1410n won't start. When the power button is pressed, the HDD spins up and there's an intermittent beeping, but that is all.

ViperFan

Charlie
The beeping (without hearing it myself) sounds to me like there's a memory issue. I would recommend running a memory test utility such as one found here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/RightMark_RAMTester_Utility_d4684.html If you get an error after starting a test, pull one of the dimms and test again to help eliminate the bad one(s). Note: MajorGeeks has several free memory testing utilities - I just picked one of them. Best of luck to you!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
My HP Pavilion a1410n won't start. When the power button is pressed, the HDD spins up and there's an intermittent beeping, but that is all.
Here is the support site for the HP Pavilion Media Center a1410n desktop.

Go here and scroll down the webpage to the links concerning beep codes.

---------------------------------------------------------

Junker5X5

Tried opening it up, spraying canned air, and re-seating some of the connections. At first the beeping stopped, but after a couple of tries to start the beeping was back ( a 1 second long beep with a 4 second pause between ). As a side note, when I had the comp open and on it's side I tried attaching just the power cord and starting it up; the fan noise and HDD noise was still there, but no beeping. :confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online